Let’s just say it… the coconut is the single most versatile food Mother Nature has graced us with. Yes, sipping on a coconut can make you feel like an exotic goddess, but believe it or not the tropical fruit has so much more to offer us.
Coconut water, milk and juice are known for their electrolyte-rich hydrating properties, but the virtually endless uses for coconut oil are only just beginning to become widely recognised.
Coconut oil is the best thing to ever happen for your skin and hair.
Our skin is in-fact our largest organ, and often the most neglected. The ribcage protects our lungs, but what protects our skin while it’s bared to the elements daily?
Prepare to be saved. Coconut oil is the hero solution to all your skin and hair (and $$) troubles! Replace over half your pricey, space hogging skin and hair care products with one single jar of coconut goodness.
Here’s some of the mind-blowing ways to use coconut oil on your body:
- Apply nightly as an eye-cream to combat under eye circles, wrinkles and dryness.
- Place jar in the microwave for 10 seconds to melt the oil and lather through your hair. Once washed out this hair treatment will leave your hair thicker, glossier and healthier.
- Melt a small amount of oil in your hands and apply over legs and décolletage as a body oil for that extra glow and shimmer.
- Finding it hard to keep up with the current trend of bold brows and lashes? Coconut oil has your back… again! Apply as a brow and lash serum before bed, and overtime your lashes will almost be touching those Cara Delevingne worthy brows.
- Apply a small amount to your lips as a natural, hydrating lip balm/gloss.
- Mix with ground sea salt and a few drops of your favourite essential oil for the only body exfoliator you’ll ever need. Apply in circular, upwards motions over the body, targeting trouble areas.
- Use daily as a body moisturiser for hydration and suppleness.
- Having a no makeup day? Lightly pat a small amount of coconut oil over your cheekbones as a highlighter for that extra pop.
Are you converted? The limitless uses and benefits of coconut oil prove that it is indeed a nectar from the gods.